If you have a spare bedroom in your house, then there’s a good chance that you’ll use it as a guest room for friends and family that are coming into town for the holidays. As the holiday season approaches, you’ll want to make sure you have it perfect for them. We have a few tips for preparing your guest bedroom for the holidays to make it it the most comfortable place for your friends and family.
- Don’t go crazy with the decorations – You don’t want the room to feel cluttered. Add a few nice touches, like a couple of framed photographs or paintings on the walls and a vase with a few flowers in it. Add a couple of books and magazines that you think your guest might enjoy in case they have some down time or like to read before they go to sleep.
- Make sure there’s plenty of storage space – Have a dresser or closet available for them to use. Make use out of cute decorative boxes to hide towels or linens in for your guest. Have spare hangers that they can use to hang their clothes up, too.
- Stock the bathroom – Make sure that there is hand soap, fresh towels, shampoo, and toilet paper. If you are sharing a bathroom with your guest, don’t assume that they will use your toiletries. Most guests will bring their own but stock the bathroom they will use with everything you think they may need.
- Prepare the bedside table – Set up a reading lamp that your guest can use at night. Add a box of tissues and an alarm clock in case your guest likes to wake up early.
- Prepare the bed – Make sure you make the bed with fresh, clean sheets. Add both light and heavy blankets that they can choose from. Add pillows of varying softness. You may also want to put a throw blanket at the end of the bed just in case. .
- Add an extra place to sit – A comfortable chair or a window seat is a very nice addition if there is enough space for it. This way, your guest won’t have to sit in bed if they want to read or just to relax.
- Add an area rug – If you’ve got wooden floors, put down a small area rug. This will help provide extra warmth during the colder days of winter as well as provide the room with a more cozy atmosphere that can help to improve the comfort of your guest.
Use these tips in order to prepare your guest room for the upcoming holidays. If you need new furniture or flooring for your guest room, don’t hesitate to call on us.