While conventional wisdom says that a bed mattress should be replaced at least every 5-10 years, the decision is not nearly so simple. There are simply no hard-and-fast guidelines for when a mattress should be replaced since there are many variables that contribute to a mattress’s wear-and-tear.
Mattress ratings or warranties don’t necessarily dictate a mattress’s lifespan nearly as effectively as your own subjective experience of sleeping on it. While people may not always agree on how the exact timing of a mattress’s life span, we can all agree on the importance of a good night’s sleep to our overall health, mood, and feeling of well-being. As with most purchases, we usually get what we pay for. Consider a quality mattress as an investment in your health. Here are a few signs that your mattress is ready to be replaced:
- You are uncomfortable when you lie down and wake up tired and achy.
- You see visible signs of wear and tear on your mattress like sagging or noticeable lumps.
- You’ve tried rotating it or flipping it but, it still doesn’t feel more comfortable.
- You suffer from allergies and have had the mattress for a long time. Even the cleanest beds can have dust mites. There are other ways of addressing the dust mite problem, but it helps to start with a clean, mite-free mattress.
- You are older than 40 and have been sleeping on the same sleep surface for around 10 years. The human body becomes more sensitive to pressure points as we age. Pressure points can lead to tossing and turning and disturbed sleep.
If your back and allergies are telling you that’s time to replace your mattress, you can count on us to help get you back to sleeping like a baby. Remember we are a locally owned business and give you the personalized service you deserve! Call us or come see us today for all your mattress needs!